Author: Max Hobson
Wet weather training – getting creative
Unfortunately with all this wet weather lately, it can be hard to stay motivated to train. If you’re anything like myself, you despise the idea of getting wet socks, muddy legs and a grit filled drivetrain!
We have come up with some solutions to keep you fit (and dry).
Here are 5 simple ideas to get your training done, without the need for getting a soaking!
- Cross training: Gym, running or even yoga! The benefits of cross training are well known and it also gives you a psychological break from the grind of cycling.
- Riding reps of a multi level car park. Try and find one that gives you at least one minute of climbing or more and of course – watch for the cars (early morning is the best time).
- Use an indoor trainer, you can buy a cheap indoor trainer on facebook marketplace for under $50! If you have a bit more cash to spend, the Wahoo Kickr is one of the best. Hook up to Zwift for a group ride with mates and you will get the benefit of accurate stats and best of all…. It’s silent so your partner, kids and neighbours won’t hate you.
- Practice your skills on a bike roller, you get your training done and improve your bike skills too. There are plenty of how to YouTube videos. If you need some more tips on this, flick me an email.
- Stair running, go to a local apartment block and run reps of the fire stairs, this is a very good way to get vertical meters while running.
So, what are you waiting for – Get your training done and have fun.